Making an Appointment
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and would like to make an appointment to access sexual health services, via text:
- Please send a text message to 07826 874190
- You will then receive a text back confirming your request
- A nurse will be in touch with you by text to discuss which type of appointment you require
- You will be asked if you require a BSL interpreter at the appointment.
At the Clinic
- Check in with reception staff (you can show text confirmation)
- They will advise the clinical staff that you have arrived and
- You will be approached by a member of clinical staff and taken into the clinical room for your appointment.
There is a wealth of information around sexual health and relationships available on the Lanarkshire Sexual Health Website. There are also a number of agencies that can offer information and advice on a range of issues for you if you are deaf or hard of hearing to help you access healthcare services:
British Deaf Association: www.bda.org.uk
The National Deaf Children’s Society - www.ndcs.org.uk/mylifemyhealth information to help young people access healthcare services
Action on Hearing Loss - www.actiononhearingloss.co.uk – provide support for people with hearing loss